Site Network: Home | Blogcrowds | Gecko and Fly | About

Nostalgic Scissor Sisters Live Review Oct 22nd 2004...

Oh. My. God. To say I am finding it difficult to express my opinion on the concert would be an understatement. I got there a little bit late so missed most of (but not all unfortunately) of the dreadful opening act - some drag act doing a tortorous nine minutes of Total Eclipse of the Heart :( Then some nice girl at the merchandise counter was most patient with me and spent absolutely ages letting me sift through tee shirts to find the right size, before I bought the first one she had shown me. Thanks luv. Then, in a stroke of genius, the sisters decided to turn the place into a disco before they came on which just put everyone in a party mood because lets face it Atomic (Blondie) is a bloomin marvelous tune.
.

And then came the sisters and blew my mind. From the opening strands of the first song to the triumphant joyous note of the last song, I cannot remember laughing as hard (Ms Ana Mantronic telling us to *go out of our mother@@@@ing minds* while doing Ozzy horns and shaking her hair was probably only hilarious if you were there so you will have to take my word for it! ), dancing as much (comfortably numb which is one of my least fave sister songs is now one of my favourites - definitely a live song) and getting pretty tearful too (before the heartbreaking return to Oz when the surprisingly buff Jake Shears said "This song is dedicated to the many friends we have loved and lost. Love is like a pair of scissors, sometimes you will be together, sometimes you will be apart, but woe betide anyone who comes between you." ) and all this is in the space of 90 minutes of electrifying energy.

Not to downplay the William and Maroon concerts because they were great memorable and special concerts for me because of how much I love their music and because of how utterly mesmerising they are on stage, but the Scissor Sisters is more than a concert. it is an out of control party. Tits on the radio turned the stage into a sex shop with Ms Mantronic singing and Jake in the background as a pole dancer in front of Live Videos neon signs, Filthy/Gorgeous was so utterly diva-esque that one could not help but dance in the craziest i don't care whos watching fashion possible. And the fact that Jake had jeans on with the scissor sisters logo on the front was too utterly adorable.

its hard to pinpoint a highlight of the concert. I just loved the whole thing so much that a) my extreme passion for it is probably not coming across well in this post and b) I am considering selling my soul to get ebay tickets for their halloween costumes only gig in london next weekend I am now and forever truly a sister of scissor...
.
Oooo - the pics! a great snap of jake shaking his funky thang to Lovers In The Backseat. And the stuff i got from the concert - a tee, a flyer for their forthcoming live DVD (a so future MUST!), a flyer for the DJ who did the tracks before they came on stage, my ticket, a little lamb, my scribbled set list and some Scissor Sister condoms...

SETLIST:
I Believe In You
Laura
Better Luck Next Time
Lovers In The Backseat
Tits On The Radio
Skins
Magnifique
Forever Right Now
Rock My Spot
Mary
Comfortably Numb
Filthy/Gorgeous
Return To Oz


Encore:
Can't Come Quickly Enough
Take Me Out
Take Your Mama Out
Music Is The Victim

Posted by Paul 11:11 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment